Monday, December 26, 2011

All That Glitters...



French manicures have some mind-boggling qualities. Why paint the already white part of the nail white again, and the already light/skin color part another light/neutral/skin color shade. Why spend inordinate amounts of time tracing the white part of the nail rather than just paint the entire nail? WHO SAID LIFE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY? Regardless, I have always liked french manicures. Not only are they super classy, they provide a great opportunity for creativity and personalization. Because, when creatively personalizing a standard french manicure into a snazzy, nontraditional frenchie, you get a little unexpected in a lot of good ways. I reworked the classic white-tipped french manicure buy using a gold/copper color on the tips and leaving the base of my nail natural, using just clear base and top coats. Though this wasn't my inspiration, this look reminds me a lot of nice glass stemware with gold rims. Any color would look cool on tips, but this time of the year just begs for metallic shades. I also had a little shimmery glitter left on my nails from my previous polish, which I don't mind as a supplement to the tips. Tis the season, you know, and the reason for the season, it's sparkle. The color I used is called Copper Penny by Revlon. Fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment