Friday, January 13, 2012

Bling Blinggg



I was lucky enough to find what I think may be the perfect pair of black flats. These flats however, are peep toe. With the commencement of winter in Chicago, thus began my search for pair of close-toed black flats. I wasn't liking what I was seeing until I went home for the holidays and found a pair of black flats WAITING FOR ME IN MY BEDROOM. But why stop there? I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, or whatever, so I decided to jazz things up.




Behold many scattered gems, my parent's carpet, and hours and hours of my life's work. Just kidding, this DIY was simple, life-affirming, and kind of fun, in that glue stuck to my/your fingers way. I set the gems I used (purchased from Wal-Mart, also most likely where the shoes themselves are from, what can I say? I'm a classy lady) on the shoes before using a standard craft glue to get em stuck.


I don't think I got enough gems...


This is probably what the shoes will look like when I/you wear them out to a sweet club (because it's dark) that has soft carpeting. Hopeful that these suckers reflect some lights, camera, action, knowhatimsayin?


I'm really excited about these. I think they will be a really fun addition to any outfit, adding a little spice to a standard, in what I'm expecting to be a practical and easy to wear way which makes them pretty fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment