Sunday, January 15, 2012

Decisions

I am an extremely indecisive person. Yet, I love variety and whenever a choice is presented, I like to choose both. Given the option, "Ranch or blue cheese with your wings?" I will quickly respond, "Both, please!" Unfortunately, making decisions isn't confined to condiment choice and creepy crawls its way into other facets of life as well, such as desert.


Since I'm new to this blogging biznass, I sometimes forget to capture staying in on a Saturday night and baking the cool things I do. Repeatedly plagued by the all-to-common choice between cookies and brownies, I seized the opportunity to punch that choice right in the face when I saw this boxed treat ON SALE at Target or somewhere. So while waiting for a special occasion, I decided WHY WAIT? and made it tonight.

 
In addition to the mixes and chocolate chips that came in the box, the recipe called for 1 measly egg, 9 (NINE! Like that's even a lot) tablespoons of butter, and 2 tablespoons of water. I don't think I've been clear in explaining that what can be found inside this box is the makings of both brownies and cookies begging to be baked into harmonious union. BEHOLD.


I have been, and continue to be, very bad at using "cling" wrap. My wrap just doesn't cling. Though I'm not really into hashtag statements or the idea of trending on twitter, I would be down with #clingwrapproblems. Do you feel me?






Out of the box, this treat is super simple and provides easy inspiration for a from scratch version. You could even switch up the dough. I'm not great at astrophysics, but I have a feeling that the possibilities are literally endless. Two great treats in one, how fun is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment